Monday, September 21, 2009

My Brave Momma

My mom had her hysterectomy last week and things couldn't have gone any worse. She was so nervous to begin with and it was one thing after another. She was only suppose to have to small incisions on each hip and they ended up cutting her from one end to the other due the the doctor accidentally (isn't that like surgery 101) cutting an atery and having to give her 3 bags of blood. My true mom came out and so did every cuss word in the book when she came to and felt pain. Then she kept saying she was in pain in her lower stomache for 2 days......so they decided to take her catheter out and... walla! They had it in wrong and her poor bladder was so stinkin full!!! Then, they took her off IV meds and gave her some pill pain killers which made her throw up because she still wasn't allowed to eat. Throwing up after a major surgery like that is painful and luckily my sister Nickole stayed with her and when she pushed the nurse help button, nobody came. So she hunted one down and they simply said, "oh, yeah her nurse button is broke on her bed." Good thing someone was with her right??? RIDICULOUS. Then when you think things couldn't get any worse I came home from work on Saturday and checked on her and she said her incisions hurt. I asked if she had looked at them since she was released the day before and she said no. So I looked at them and HOLY SHIT! (I can swear because it was that bad....and no Sicilee did not learn her swearing from me, honestly) They were wide open and I could see her insides! Straight the ER she went and is now going to have to do some therapy daily until they can get them to heal shut. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO MY POOR MOMMA?? She is the strongest person I know and I am so proud of her for being such a good sport through all of this drama. The only down side that she can see is now she cannot go on our annual trip to Disney Land next week. She is pretty bummed but I am sure she will rest up while we are gone. Cheers to the best mom ever who I lean on probably way too much in life.

2 comments:

Halley said...

i agree with you i lean on momma way to much.. But you are right she was a tropper and she is an a amazing women for going through what she went through and only has cursed once when she first woke up.. dont forget that they laid her on her hard as a rock medicine ball and so it was dispensing meds to her cuts at all.. what a women though she raised 6 girls on her own i bet she thinks this is a walk in the park for her

Grammy Cookie said...

Hi Meggan, hope you are feeling better.Stopped by the house last Thursday afternoon.Didn't catch you home,missed not takeing girlies to the park.Maybe next time.Hope your mom feels better soon.