Sunday, March 8, 2009

Journaling

As a full-time working mother of three sassy little angels, this is usually my agenda:
BUSY
BUSY
BUSY
So I actually have to slow down and mentally tell myself to spend quality time with the kids and make sure I am not "that" mom that continuously sends their kids out of the room I am in; to go watch T.V. I usually catch myself and stop doing housework and sit down to do some kind of activity with them. I am usually opposed to anything that will make a mess.......for the obvious reason that I am the one who will have to clean it up. So I decided to go out on a limb and do activities that include a mess (for the kids). I bought them paint, play dough, and lots of blocks, let them spell their name on the table with shaving cream, and as a watts family tradition decided to make double chocolate chip cookies. Even though this set me way behind on housework (yes I am a freak when it comes to my house) the kids enjoyed all the quality time with mom and even Jaycee was like "Mom, this is going to make a big mess!" It is pretty sad when your five year old has caught on to my mother ways of NOT MAKING A MESS rules.

For the record, Sicilee only spilled the paint three times and cried twice because Jaycee wasn't sharing the blocks!










3 comments:

andyandmckenzie said...

Meggan
I totally know how you feel about a clean house and not wanting to do things that make a mess!! Sometimes it's hard to just make yourself do those fun things with the kids, but I know that they will appreciate it someday.
(I Hope)

Halley said...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BEAUTIFUL HAIR I DID??? just kidding looks like you guys had alot of fun.. jaycee is mad becuase i dont have double chocolate chip cookies at my house she told me to go buy some....

The Pena family said...

Your girls are too cute! I can't believe how grown up Aynslee looks in that picture....why do the 3rd ones grow so much faster???