Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lainee Turns 1 On Thanksgiving

As a mother, I had so many emotions going through me. My very last baby is 1.....it is my last first birthday (teardrop teardrop, snot wipe) Everybody always gives my mother-in-law so much crap for crying over EVERYTHING. Every holiday, birthday, family get together, etc. Well I am understanding that is is just the mother in her, in me, in all of us. There seems to be new emotions running through my blood. They are so indescribable and are best expressed through tears.......tears of joy, sorrow, happiness, excitement, and sadness ALL IN ONE. It is like my heart is skipping to a new beat, and I just want time to slow down so I can enjoy each moment soooo much longer.

Alright, enough with my mushy mommy stuff. Here is how we spent our Thanksgiving/Lainee's Birthday!

First of all......kids are so funny. She had a hard time understanding how to open a present. She can unroll a roll of toilet paper in about 20 seconds flat, but was so timid on tearing wrapping paper!?!

Then she tried to eat it.....







Then the sisters stepped in because THEY were impatient with her too....




Then after the first present was unwrapped.....any thereafter were obviously too boring because she just wanted the first toy.







Then when she realized that the next one was a baby doll, she was super excited!




I am on this new kick of making all the girls birthday cakes......I think I am improving one by one (slowly that is)










And this is how dirty my dainty little daughter got....yep one finger and she wouldn't even eat the cake!




Of course my other kids needed some extra attention from mom......








Thanksgiving dinner was AMAZING. My mom did all the work this year, she is such a good cook! SO MUCH FOOD!!!!!!!!!! Huge shout out to my hubby for helping my mom with dinner and the clean up, I feel like a huge slacker.




So I have decided that my game plan to run a restaurant, go to school full-time, run 5 miles a day, and take care of four kids all on some serious lack of sleep.........is taking a toll on my body. I actually barely ate turkey dinner, it took my two days to make the cake, and I think this was the only day I actually showered for the whole week ALL BECAUSE I CAUGHT THE DANG FLU AGAIN! For the second time in less then a month and lasting a whole seven days...........my body is a little (or a lot) wore down!!!!! My sister apparently thought it would be funny to take a picture of me crashing on the couch freezing and I only had enough energy to grab a baby blanket lying by me. First, I am not a napper, second we had a house FULL of screaming crying kids, a football game on, and people planning their shopping schedule for the night......I slept for 3 hours in the middle of all of it. Maybe 20 credits in one semester was a little much??





1 comment:

JPhotogray said...

You're amazing Meggan! I'm not sure how you do it all! And you're cake was beautiful! You're family is blessed!