Friday, November 26, 2010

She's here! A little early..........

Our little angel wanted her own birthday and for it not to be around Christmas! Miss Lainee Rose Watts born Wednesday November 24th at 10:40 a.m. weighing in at 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long. Definitely our little runt! Being 5 weeks early she has been in the nurses care until she is strong enough to eat without help. Her lungs are doing great and she is breathing on her own. I chose to not show pics yet cuz she has a lot of cords and tubes, but she is BEAUTIFUL! Here is our story:

Tuesday I chose not to go to work due to road conditions, yet for some reason I felt really good. I got this crazy I need to get ready for the baby bug and got her car seat and diaper bag all ready. Then it didn't stop there.......I didn't stop nesting the rest of the day! I drove my husband nuts! I even went and got some blanket material to match her take home outfit, but didn't get around to make it. At 6 am I felt like I peed my pants so I got up, went to the bathroom.........nothing else. Changed my pants and went to crawl back in bed when I felt more water, I woke up my husband and said " I think I am leaking fluid but it is way too early". I got the one eye open thing and a huh? Then the rest of my water broke, and I started crying cuz I knew it was too early and was worried for the baby. I called my mom to come be with my kids and we headed for the hospital. Everything happened so fast from that point on. They checked me and I was dilated to a 3 but she was breech.......ultrasound showed feet in the birth canal. Doc was called and he did another ultrasound to confirm and then did the most painful thing that I have ever experienced........tried to turn her himself. Mission not accomplished......c-section was then performed less then an hour later. I actually felt a little guilty for not going through labor pains. She cried right away which made me cry...mostly in relief. They quickly showed her to me over the sheet and then I didn't get to see her for a long time. Joldy did though...FYI... my poor husband who doesn't do well during these situations was white and barely said 2 words the whole time! She is tough and is progressing, she just got put on a bili-blanket for jaundice so she will have to stay a few more days. I have never left the hospital without my baby so this is going to be hard. When they take the IV out of her little head I will post some pics....she is the first child to not look so much like her daddy and a little more like her momma :)

5 comments:

Grammy Cookie said...

She is so pretty,and yes she looks like her mommie.it will bw=e good to hold and lov on her.

Brandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS Meg. I was so excited with Hay told me. I am glad that everything is progressing well with her. I am excited to see more pictures. Hay showed me the one she had on her phone, poor little thing. It is heartbreaking to see all those tubes on such a tiny little sweetheart. I am also so sorry that you had such a bad reaction to the medicine. That is so hard. Good Luck with everything! I can't wait to see more.

Bobbi said...

Congratulations Meggan & Joldy!! Good thing you got everything ready ;) And to think some people doubt a mothers intuition...Ha! Hope momma recovers quickly and your little babe gets to come home soon! Congrats again :)

The French Way said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats and I am so happy everything worked out and you and your little sweet girl are ok! Good luck with recovery and I love her name!

Spencer, Jen, Zoe, and Emrie said...

Congrats! I'm so glad she made it here safe and healthy and can't wait to see some pics!